- Teaching & Learning
- Art & Design
- Design Technology
- PE, Health & Wellbeing
- PE & Sports Premium Grant
- Religious Education
- Early Years
- Extra Curricular Clubs
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- More Able
- English as an additional language (EAL)
- Pupil Premium
Suttons Primary School receives Pupil Premium funding from the government for each child who is entitled, or who has been entitled in the last six years to receive Free School Meals (FSM) and for any Looked After Children (LAC). Pupil Premium funding also extends to children of service personal.
Nationally, statistics show that students who are in receipt of FSM do less well than their peers. The aim of this money is to reduce the attainment gap between them.
Please view our Policy on Pupil Premium for further details
- We ensure teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We ensure appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes socially disadvantage pupils.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive FSM may have some significant barriers to learning.
- We reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil who has legitimately been identified as being disadvantage or at risk of being unable to access learning effectively.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated on a needs basis, linked to analysis of outcomes for pupils. Limited funding and resources may mean that not all children who receive FSM will be in receipt of Pupils Premium intervention at any one time.
The range of provision that may be used by Suttons Primary school includes:
- Reducing class size for current year 6 pupils
- Additional teaching assistants
- Early intervention schemes
- Enrichment programmes
- Effective feedback
- Meta-cognitive and self-regulation strategies (learning to learn strategies)
- Peer tutoring
- One-to-one support (Precision teaching)
- Phonics (RWI & Lexia) ICT
- Parental involvement (Parent readers, volunteers)
- Sports participation
- After school programmes
- Learning styles
- Extra financial support for providing: coats in winter, sports clothing, uniform, school trips